Family entertainment in Grosvenor Square - 31st OctoberPosted on: 27/10/2021
After the last Grosvenor Square Steering Committee, we were approached to host a day of free family entertainment in Grosvenor Square over the October half term. I just want to make you all aware of it in advance.
Taking place on October 31st between 12:00 – 17:30, Grosvenor square will play host to interactive theatre shows, circus acts, musical storytelling, puppetry and much more, all performances have sustainability or education at their heart, please find the itinerary below:
- Little Bean Theatre, Boh Boh finds a home - Little Bean Theatre is the first Cantonese speaking bilingual family theatre company in the UK. Boh Boh Finds Home is an interactive adventure that allows families to travel through the galaxy together to find Boh.
- Feet Off the Ground, Creature Comforts - Creature Comforts is a new family-friendly outdoor show that follows the story of Flynn. Her phone is consuming her mind, squashing her imagination and flair. She doesn’t even notice the appearance of a large, mysterious four-legged creature who mystically emerges.
- Pigfoot Theatre - How To Save a Rock - How To Save A Rock is an award-winning family comedy about how to still have hope, whilst saving the last polar bear on earth. The show is carbon-neutral: the lighting is powered by a bike cycled live on stage, production materials are recycled/recyclable, and all unavoidable carbon costs offset.
- Levantes Dance, Canape Art – A walkabout circus duo; female company choreographing a very English High Tea.
- Paul Rubinstein, Musical Story telling - Paul has worked for 14yrs as a London based storyteller, performing musical stories that reflect the multiculturalism, diversity and languages of the city.
This is a part of Pop-Up London. The festival is the latest series of free, public events to be staged as part of the Mayor’s Let’s Do London campaign.
There will be a limited amount of infrastructure installed with three small tents on site for some of the performances – all of these will be installed and taken down on Sunday October 31st.
Any comments or queries regarding this project please contact:
Danny Sullivan, Mayfair Marketing & Communications Manager
Grosvenor Britain & Ireland
For further information about this and Pop Up London see the file download below: